Every competitor update detected by Kompyte goes through a journey to become an actionable insight.
What Curation does Kompyte Technology do?
KAI (Kompyte Artificial Intelligence) filters out noise, allowing Kompyters to focus on the insights most relevant to them. We've also developed Semantic filtering to save our partners more time:
- First the relevant update is detected using KAI
- Then it is assigned a Title and Description using proprietary Kompyte Artificial intelligence.
- Then it is categorized using semantic filtering
- Finally it is placed in your Collect feed for filtering.
This automated process refined by AI drastically minimizes the time previously required to conduct manual research and organize the intel.
Because these steps are completed by technology, not a human, Managers now have the bandwidth to track large set of companies, while focusing on strategy.
With intelligence at hand, you quickly get to the intel that can empower your team. Starting with the technology left off -
- Create Saved Filters, layering an additional level of organization onto your Collect Feed
- Saved Filters can then be added to Automated Workflows
- Or Automated Reports.
These initial steps require a set up (saved filters, workflow automation) which is offered to all Kompyte partners. Once set up has occurred, your process is fully automated - voilà.
However, our most successful partners, being the experts in their industry and for their team, review and curate intelligence further on a regular basis (see below).
Curating Intelligence | Insight Anatomy
Becoming familiar with the structure of an Insight is the first step to learning how to curate actionable intelligence:
- Detection date
- Title (Generated with Kompyte AI)
- Content (Pulled from original source)
- Category (Semantic filtering generated with Kompyte AI)
- Source link/ Show Details
- Curation Tools
Curating Intelligence | Curation Tools
Next, check out your curation tools:
- Highlight - Mark an insight as important. All highlighted insights can be sent to automated reports set at your frequency of choice. Reports can then be further customized by category, giving users an easy and quick way to create a weekly digest or newsletter on different relevant topics.
- Pin - Pin highly relevant insights to Competitor Traits, and review later. Competitor Traits, like products, pricing, strengths or weaknesses, are key elements of reports and battle cards. This pinning feature allows you to build an insight queue and update assets at your own desired cadence. You can also set up an automated workflow to notify other users when there’s an insight to review.
- Edit - Further curate the insight title and content. To do so, review the original insight by clicking “view source”/”show details” and add your own expert insight. Consider what this piece of intel mean to your team.
- Comment- Use the comment function to communicate internally, @mention teammates, take further notes and set next steps.
- Tag- Categorize insights with your own custom system of tags. Reports can be automatically created at whichever frequency you need based on tagged insights.
- Share- Once curated, use this tool to share an insight with your team by email or integration. If you prefer to alert your team automatically, create an automated workflow for a saved filter of your choice.
- Archive- Archive irrelevant insights from your Collect Feed.
Curating Intelligence | Example Insight Curation
Great, you’ve got it! Now let’s curate an insight together:
Step 1: Choose an insight. In this case we’ve spotted a new job posting from Drift on Glassdoor.
Step 2: Ask, what does this mean to the team? How can my team take action? In this case, this insight indicates Drift is expanding their SME Account Management team in Boston, you will be selling into to their top accounts within our their Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) (info found by viewing the original source)
Step 3: Use your curation tools - Edit the title and description, tag, highlight...
Step 4: Share with your team, or use the pin to trigger an automated report workflow.